19 December 2001

An Epiphany!

I'm a member of a ton of writing lists, and I have 2 tons of writing reference books. Guess what....aside from a choice few....I DON'T NEED THEM!! That "writing secret" all new writers are looKing for....we all know it doesn't really exist, but we hope, by joining every email list, and buying the latest how-to book, that we will have discovered the "Holy Grail". And I finally realized...THERE AIN'T ONE!!! . All I really need to learn is TO SIT MY ASS DOWN AND WRITE. That's all there is to it. In the past 7 weeks, I've learned a lot about wriitng, and "my way" of writing. That's all that matters. And what seems to work for me, may not work for the next person. But for EVERY writer...the bottom line isJUST DO IT!!

This is freedom for me. Less time taken up with surfing and reading email, and more time writing. Of course, there are a few lists that I will remain a part of....but by choice, not some sort misguided sense of necessity.

And now...back to your regular programming.....