22 May 2005

CONFLICT

Conflict has been on my mind a lot lately. Specifically--not having enough. My MC has a good life, and I am trying to figure out how to make it all fall apart. I have tons of stuff planned to happen along the way...but not that potentially life-changing inciting incident. (Can you tell I've been reading about writing?) I know I wrote about this before, but still no resolution. Maybe I'm just trying too hard. I've also been writing down some ideas on the changes that need to be made on Eden's Promise. That manuscript needs a bit of work, but it is definitely salvageable.

In all the reading about writing I've done, one thing is clear. The first (or second, or third) manuscript I complete is typically a "throw-away". And having that mindset, I keep holding back...not wanting to "waste" good plot ideas and characters on something that may likely never get published. That is precisely my problem with EP, and why I keep procrastinating on finishing it.